If you are a minister or part of a church leadership team, it is crucial to have a compensation agreement in place that outlines the terms of payment and benefits for your work. This can help avoid misunderstandings and conflicts in the future.
Here is a sample compensation agreement that you can use as a starting point:
1. Compensation and Benefits
The minister will receive a salary of [insert amount] per year, paid weekly, bi-weekly, or monthly. In addition to the salary, the minister will receive the following benefits:
– Health insurance: The church will provide a health insurance plan for the minister, with the church paying [insert percentage] of the premium and the minister paying the remaining amount.
– Retirement plan: The church will contribute [insert percentage or dollar amount] to a retirement plan for the minister.
– Vacation and sick leave: The minister will be entitled to [insert number] weeks of paid vacation and [insert number] days of paid sick leave per year.
– Continuing education: The church will provide financial support for the minister to attend relevant conferences, seminars, and training programs.
2. Performance Expectations
The minister is expected to perform the following duties:
– Preach and teach the gospel of Jesus Christ.
– Provide spiritual guidance and counseling to the congregation.
– Participate in church planning and decision-making.
– Conduct weddings, funerals, and other special services.
– Be involved in community outreach and evangelism.
3. Termination of Agreement
This compensation agreement may be terminated by either party upon [insert notice period] days` written notice. In the event of termination, the minister will be entitled to receive any accrued but unpaid salary and benefits.
4. Other Provisions
– This agreement supersedes all previous agreements, written or oral, between the parties.
– This agreement shall be governed by the laws of [insert state or country].
– This agreement may not be amended or modified except in writing and signed by both parties.
Having a compensation agreement in place can provide peace of mind and clarity for both the minister and the church. By using this sample agreement as a guide, you can tailor it to fit your specific needs and ensure everyone is on the same page.